مزيتهای P3e نسبت به P3 !
از مهمترين سوالاتي كه كاربران و علاقمندان به نرم افزارهاي پريماورا ميپرسند ؛ تفاوتهاي دو نرم افزار P3 و P3e است .<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
آقاي علي وصالي زحمت كشيده و مزيتهاي P3e را نسبت به P3 از سايت يكي از نمايندگي هاي كمپاني پريماورا در آمريكاي شمالي فرستادهاند كه ذيلا تقديم علاقمندان ميگردد :
1 - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Moving to P3e will allow all projects to be stored in one common database.
- All project & schedule updates/ revisions/ will be “real time” with Team members having improved and immediate project visibility.
- P3e can be setup on either an Oracle or MS SQL database.
- No issues with compatibility with future windows releases (P3 will have compatibility issues with the subsequent windows 64 Bit release).
- Ongoing Support and enhancements being pursued by Primavera’s development team.
- Enhanced integration and data sharing with vendor schedules and updates
2 – EASE OF USE FOR SCHEDULERS
· P3e’s user interface is much easier and more intuitive to learn than P3 since it follows current Windows standards. Search functions, copy and paste and numerous other commonly used features will allow the current P3 users to migrate quickly while allowing new schedulers to pick up the tool much quicker.
- Customizing and saving personalized views of data, which can be global or user specific allow all Schedulers to share filters, layouts and codes.
- Organize your projects with 20 Levels of Project Structure hierarchy including an easy to use Work Breakdown Structures (WBS). Take advantage of the WBS structure rather than using activity codes to develop this. A true rollup of level 1-5 planning can then be achieved without elaborate summarizations schemes.
- Creating WBS elements separately from activities allows for the proper definition of project scope and Work Orders, prior to specifying detailed Work Order Tasks.
- An unlimited number of hierarchical activity codes, which can be globally defined or project specific, will reduce keystrokes carried out by users by allowing them to pick one code instead of numerous codes when identifying a piece of equipment.
- Enhanced security allows schedulers to collaborate amongst the projects while still keeping a higher level of security to ensure that data integrity is not accidentally compromised in a shared project. This security allows security down to the WBS level (viewing/editing capabilities) as well as allowing creation of standard security profiles for each user type in the system.
- Enhanced graphical user interface allows the schedulers to print better-looking reports and even publish easily to HTML.
- The user interface is also more intuitive and has a lot of copy and paste functions that increase productivity and reduce keystrokes.
- Using the Methodology Manager will allow for the storing of templates such as startup and shutdown sequences or capital project templates.
- Using the project architect, the schedulers can easily pull in the templates and use the size and complexity wizard to develop a reasonable schedule much quicker than with P3.
- Overall sharing of structural elements such as codes, calendars, resources etc will save time spent developing these lists.
3 - RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Sharing a centralized resource pool among all the projects will allow for better coordination of work particularly for the Centre of Site group and overall improvement of resource planning and management.
- Resources can be organized hierarchically (With up to 20 levels of hierarchical structure). Rates and limits can have unlimited variations over time and not just six segments as in P3. This reduces the maintenance of the limits considerably and gives more accurate leveling capabilities. Programming the integration of the limits can also be developed to work with HR availability forecasting systems.
- Viewing Resource allocation across all projects, not just one at a time, facilitates resource management and provides more realistic resource leveling.
- Program intelligence into the resource leveling priority requirements.
- Each resource may be assigned multiple roles (skill sets), which ease resource selection. The use of roles would help in management of capital projects as well as crew specific tasks that occur in maintenance.
- Unlimited number of calendars exist, which allow you to define at the global, project, or resource level.
- Unlimited resource curves can be developed which can be effective in long-range planning and capital projects development
- Activity specific controls exist for the calculation of budgeted hours versus duration and units/time. This gives tremendous control on the behavior of each activity in the schedule that P3 could not emulate.
4 - PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT
- Performance measurements across the planning and scheduling groups can be optimized much more readily in P3e. The optimization that can be achieved will streamline the KPI reporting process significantly across the groups.
- Global coding structures facilitate common reporting on an enterprise wide basis.
- Enterprise solution enables simultaneous access by multiple users for all project information from Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) such as Earned Value, and Schedule Compliance to detailed work assignments and regulatory compliance tracking.
- Improved data storage capabilities including 25 character activity ID’s, unlimited user defined fields, unlimited project level codes, unlimited number of layouts also allows for easier development of workweek schedules and moved activity counts.
5 - IMPROVED COMMUNICATION
- P3e has add-on tools that are web enabled that allow for better coordination and communication of project objectives with external vendors that may be located around the world. These tools can also be used to improve internal communications with maintenance managers, turnaround and engineering managers, as an example on what is planned would improve performance significantly.
- The improved communications extend to resource allocation and management with flags to warn of potential problems with over allocations that may occur across projects.
- Develop performance measure as well as Web interface for casual or remote users of the system